Thursday 21 March 2013

The Morning after the Night Before and the Evening before the Morning After



A good time last night with lots of laughter and good company. Oh and Brian was there as well. Pictured below with Cath his wife for 50 years. So sad. Such a nice lady.
The main event last night was Pat and Ken's 48th. We organised a card and the ship came up with a cake. All very jolly.
A moment for silent prayer after dinner where Pat, Ken, Cath, Brian, David, Jenny, Adrian and I were joined by Claire and Huw from Cardiff and James and Catherine from Glasgow for a discussion on nuclear physics.....or something I can't remember. It was great to be joined by some younger people with a pulse.
David and Jenni have a boat ( JenilkaG the Third on the Lancaster canal. I have met another couple (Alan and Jane) who have a narrowboat (Docrera) on the Calder and Hebble so I'm not the only member of the Elsan Fraternity on board.
Breakfast at 8 30 (feeling less than sparkling) and on the move at 9 30 through Kytra lock. A covering of ice on the canal but a bright morning.
Down to Fort Augustus before lunch and before crossing Loch Ness.
Ken and Pat
Clarie and Huw
Pat and Ken are reunited with the son stolen by gypsies.
Cath and Brian
Adrian astounded me by asking Gordon for a Laphraiog whisky at 10 45 a m! As he has always disliked whisky it good that he has found one he likes. Clouding over as travel down the locks at FA so Loch Ness could stir up my kipper The First Officer invited me to the bridge but I explained I only play cribbage and he went off muttering.
Ken and Pat
David and Jenni
Ice on canal at Kytra
Gordon the Prize Bar Steward
View 20130321_234903.jpg in slide show
Catherine and James
Crossing L Ness had a tour of the Bridge which was great with the Captain and First Officer explaining the instruments. They had to keep it simple as Ken and Brian were there but I thoroughly enjoyed it. As it turned out the cloud lifted and the weather maintained its habit of clear, bright and cold round the Trossacks . Well my trossacks were bloody cold anyway! Back to Base at Muirtown locks and tonight's farewell party.







Adrian enjoys his morning Laophroig


Down the Locks at Fort Augustus to Loch Ness








No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...