Friday 15 March 2013

Not long now

Friday 15th and Spring is in the air on my Hertfordshire mooring. The snowdrops are out in force and the ducks are courting like there was no tomorrow. They seem to prefer to do whatever it is they do on dry land so every time I walk down the mooring they all jump back in the water. I always feel a little guilty interrupting their romance but they still seem to achieve whatever it is every year.
We have geese here for the first time I can remember and they have started to look interested in setting up home ashore. When they and the swans decide to take up occupancy then the fun will start. Both geese and swans are more territorial than Hitler on a bad day and certainly worse than ducks.
If the weather north of the border is anything like this morning then I'll be a happy chappy.


Took Pam to Heathrow yesterday to start her  trip to Uganda. The  link to the charity that she is visiting is :-

http://www.teamsonline.org/ 

Please take a look and if you have a couple of quid/dollars/euros going spare feel free to donate.

So whilst Uganda is enjoying 28 degrees I shall be braving all that the Great Glen can throw at me which is fine. I wonder if he'll play Little Brown Jug.....ah sorry -wrong Great Glen.

You know that Spring weather I mentioned at the top of this post....it is raining cats and dogs now so disregard previous message. British weather? All four seasons in the time it takes to write this rubbish.
Off to pack my case now and feed the cat. Must get those right way round.

No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...