Tuesday 19 March 2013

A Wonderful day

An early (8am) start from Dromgarroch in sunny weather and a covering of snow. Stunning! Across Lock Dochfour, past Castle Urquhart and onto Lock Ness. All very beautiful.
Became a little disoriented at one point when looking out of a window I saw the Pope in Rome. I though this Captain is a rubbish navigator! Soon realised I was looking at the tv.
Reached Fort Augustus about 10 30 but had to moor in queue as swing bridge before flight of locks was jammed.
Went walkabout round F A and enjoyed pre lunch pint in the Bothy where amazingly we were joined by the same people we dined and whiskied with last night! Such a coincidence. Back to boat  3 course lunch (can't keep this up) and another spin round L Ness. Back to sweet F A by 4 (afternoon tea! I declined) and the bridge having beenrepaired went onward and upward to moor at the top of the flight. Beautiful moorings. And beautiful evening.Not where we were meant to be but nay matter as the FA ers say. I wonder if we'll hit the Bothy again? Oh Gawd and there's dinner still to come.
Everyone asleep (too much food) so went for a pre-dinner walk and pint at the Bothy . Lamb for dinner (my favourite ) and a quiet drink with friends? /nuisances before retiring for night. For the second night the last to bed. Am I an insomniac? I am definitely one Happychappy.

1 comment:

Crappa-T said...

The bothy looks like a good place for a Bevvy

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...