Sunday 17 March 2013

St Patrick's

Well it is St Patrick's Day and I am air side at Luton Airport having a pre-flight libation . I don't like flying but  I do like airports. So international. I have seen people wearing the Shamrock-something I haven't seen since my days at school and I've been talking to a German about how Starbucks are taking over the world-which is ironic- and I just saw Pierre Papaiah and family heading off to Amsterdam where they live.
Pierre is one of two sons of the wonderful Rosemary and  Lucky who I must contact so that he keeps me in his Will.
I wanted to tell Pierre that I intend to take up the ukelele in my old age just to annoy people. He is a member of the Amsterdam Ukelele Orchestra (look it up) but was an accomplished musician before that.
I saw him have something confiscated at the check in. Probably something dodgy he was muling for his father-a leading member of the Wembly Mafia .
Enough for now. My flight has been called and I am sufficiently pre-opped to get on the plane. Whilst I am airborne Fulham Will be playing Spurs at White Hart Lane. My Arsenal chums  are keen for Fulham to win but I ain't confident. I hope I will have to amend this when I get to Inverness
Goodbye cruel world and Happy St Patrick's Day

Joy of joys. Landed Inverness, got cab (V pleasant Polish chap) and Fulh am have won!!
What a start to my week.
Booked  into Hotel (v pleasant Polish Receptionist) and out for a pint of Guinness served unchilled as it should be by a very pleasant Polish barmaid  and Mushroom risotto (no doubt cooked by a VPP chef) I have yet to meet a Scot and I've  been here 5 hours.
The last photo below is of Inverness at night.

No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...