Wednesday 24 July 2013

Braunston to Newbold

Don't talk to me about royal babies. 14 pages of the Times plus a colour supplement. And only one mention of the mighty Fulham!
The new arrival coincides with two of the wettest hours boating in 40 years. Accompanied by a thunderstorm of such ferocity that Hail Marys were frequently incanted. One bolt of lightning immediately followed by thunder actually shook the boat . A complete change of gear followed and the rest of the trip to Rugby was dry. Through Hillmorton locks, always a delight, following Panther. Shopping at Rugby then onto Newbold for mid afternoon catching the last mooring. There are two pubs next door to one another but we have arrived in the week where the people in the first are about to take over the second (The Boat) which isn't doing food. Dinner in the Barley Mow (smoked haddock with poached egg-one of my top five favourites) which for the price really was terrific value.
Another silly night and early to bed.

No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...