Friday 19 July 2013

Grafton Regis to Atherstone

The cars are in the right place, the crews are on the right boats, the fridges are full and the sun continues to shIne  :-D
A tearful farewell to Pam (my tears, her farewell) and Adrian collects me for the ride to Grafton R. pausing at Cowroast to collect a few odds and sods including my first red potatoes pictured below
My only nagging concern is "the case of the two cold bangers" as Sherlock might have said. When I set out for Atherstone by car yesterday I took a couple of cooked sausages for the journey. I like a bit of company.
Unfortunately I neglected either to eat or chuck aforesaid company so I am naturally apprehensive about what awaits when we open the car on Sunday week. Watch this space for the Great Kia Sausage Pong Plague which destroyed Atherstone and Nuneaton in July 2013. (mind you that's why the sausages are there-Nuneaton. Ho ho)
Arrived boat which as is to be expected was blooming hot. Opened all doors and allowed draught to circulate whilst we listened to the Aussies throw their wickets away. Bliss.

A takeaway curry from Stoke Bruerne where we had a ridiculously highly priced pint at the Boat Inn , a planning meeting with the Pantherites and bed.

No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...