Wednesday 24 July 2013

Newbold to Hawksbury Junction

Today is Annie's  birthday.
Happy Birthday Annie.
(Its also Annie's sister's  birthday today so Happy Birthday Sue!)
A late start is planned so before breakfast Adrian and I walk into town to pick up a newspaper (we are sooooo keen to read about Prince Norbert ) plus a bottle of Prosecco and some flowers for the birthday girl.
A healthy breakfast and cast off at 10 30. Cruise up to Stretton Stop, On way we managed a brush with a tree which deposited my stove chimney in the cut and spread the flowers about a bit. Nay bother....c'est  la guerre as we say round the French quarter of Tring.   I am in need of a bulb for my big brass Francis headlight and so far no success. None at Rose Narrowboats at Stretton either but ice cream for the others and off we went. Stopped at Ansty for lunch and on to Hawkesbury for 4 30.
Where we dined very well though very warmly at the Greyhound.
Had Prosecco and nibble with birthday cake with R and A beforehand.

No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...