Wednesday 17 July 2013

Grafton Regis Tuesday 16th July

Came back to babysit the boats for a couple of days.
Amazing how much stuff in the car to be transported up the towpath to the boat. Food galore-well, enough to last me till Thursday,-clothing sufficient to get me to Atherstone (our next programmed stop) , two bedside cabinets which will in fact be the base for a new bunk in the middle cabin (more later if you can wait), a duvet, 3 fenders, 2 lock handles and a new radio (my old one having failed to work for the first Test match. Bastard)
This boat is in the farm opposote my mooring. Must have taken the bend too fast

Non-slip decking
Very H and S!


Laurence and Tabitha , my favourite sheep baa none are on the right

Did a few jobs then went for a wander finishing at the White Hart where I'm told today was 29 degrees and tomorrow will be hotter. Good.
Not a great selection of ales -it's really a restaurant and a rather good one to boot-but at £2.90 a pint and perch for my crossword I am happy.
Having had to lock the boat up it was baking hot inside on my return from W Hart. Such a shame we can't leave our homes unlocked. Or maybe we can and I worry too much....
I recall the Summer of 76 when I was boating on the Norfolk Broads and how at least on the water it cools down a bit more at night. So comfortable by midnight. Dinner in the front well and an early night.
Wed 17th July
Another glorious morning .
Got rest of gear from car before it gets too hot. Today is bunk building for middle cabin . Such fun o_O
Ady rang to confirm he is joining crew on Friday so plan is coming together.
Finished the bunk, polished some brass, cleaned the engine, resealed the shower ,put on some more anti-slip on the gunwhales, rewired the CB radio, rewired the LED light, had a siesta, walked to the pub, had duck Caesar salad (The Old Crown at Ashton-very good), returned to boat, finished crossword, had a whisky,wrote this and went to bed. Night night.

No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...