Monday 12 August 2013

A Week in Yorkshire

Sorry I'vee been blogless for over a week-the soggy laptop referred to in my last post turned out to be terminal and I spent a week away in Yorkshire whilst the new one was commissioned back in Atherstone.
And what a grand week it was. The main reason was to celebrate Pam's birthday and the idea was that family and friends would gather at Stewart and Sarah's magnificent pile, Dukes Place, Bishop Thornton and picnic at Fountains Abbey on the Saturday, 3rd.
Pam travelled up from Berko and I from Atherstone and we met on the Tuesday. A recognaissance of Fountains Abbey on the Wednesday and a visit to see Nicola, Pam's niece on the Thursday who is expecting an addition on the 16th September. Pam hadn't seen the new house and of course we visited the horses which are Nicola and David's main way of getting rid of excess money.I'm very similar myself except












I don't ride the things-I just lose money on them.

After leaving Nicola we went to Harrogate to buy Pam's present and had a very pleasant lunch at The Smiths, a Chef and Brewer pub. It was very good with excellent service.

Friday! Happy Birthday Pam!
The clan slowly gathered with Tricia (Pam'sister and Tony her husband (a Leeds supporter but nobody perfect) and Guy a friend of the family from way back. Decent geezer and good company.
Natalie was travelling up from darn sarth with Caz and Phillip so a table for 8 for was booked at the nearby Chequers Inn which does a stunning carvery for under a tenner. I'm not a big eater myself but I don't mind helping out when there's a roast going. The M1 decreed that they didn't arrive till 8.30 so we started late but nobody starved although Guy talked (rather than ate) so much we had to go back for him in the morning






Tricia and Tony arrive





Relaxing in the Courtyard at Dukes Place






Guy still eating-even Pam's finished.

Mac, Pam's Brother and Pam arrive at Fountains Abbey

How Much?!!

Joe finds a sheltered spot to study his newfangled technical thingy

Mac looking dahing in smart hat and pink jacket

Tricia is all smiles

and so is Pam

The feast is prepared



Guy and Mac in matching pinks choose the wall seat



Ollie prefers to stand.....

Caz looks serious about her food

and so does Guy

Do not photograph me eating!

Nat consults Ollie as to the wherabouts of the bottle opener


Pam does her famous plate balancing act


and distributed. There are some things that distract from the techyclevernewfanglythingy.CAKE!





A View of Fountains Abbey with some well fed Nasturtium Monks

Now we're all playing with our newganglytechythingies


The Star of the Abbey

Two Arch Cool Dudes



Ollie gives a guided tour

A One -legged Coolbox Carrier



On the Sunday people drifted of in all directions and Pam Joseph and I visited Mother Shrimpton's Cave.


































 


No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...