Monday 12 August 2013

Atherstone and Beyond

Following the wonderful week in Yorkshire I returned to Atherstone on Monday, 5th to spend a few days before we set off at the weekend on the next stage of the trip to Llangollen
During that week I moved my car to Barbridge in Cheshire where the next stage finishes and returned by train.Atherstone is a good town with an excellent launderette (in the Market Square)


 useful shops a couple of reasonable pubs and generally friendly people.
The one black mark is the Raj Mahal Restaurant where for the first time in 66 years I was refused service!
Was I drunk?No
Was I scruffily dressed? No
Apparently it was because I was on my own. This in a restaurant that ony had 4 customers. It was 8.30, not busy and they refused to serve me. Naturally I pressed the point and eventually the grumpy , ill-mannered, graceless waiter said it wasn't worththe hassle! My ghast was flabbered. What a way to run a business. I was fuming and told the scrote so.
The following day I took a photo of the dump so as to inform the curry house regulator Offhot and saw the proud item on the menu of "A Meal for One" What a tosser.At first I thought the statue below was of a droopy willy and dedicated to the gent in the Raj Mahal but it is in fact a double sided depiction of a man and a boy holding a football in commemoration of the Shrove Tuesday match held annually in Atherstone. Both are wearing hats in tribute to the town's association with hatting and felting. Sadly no longer in business, a fate soon to be followed by a certain Indian restaurant I hope.More on Atherstone and our trip in the next post.


Aa

No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...