Friday 28 December 2018

Did I have a good Christmas?
Yes. Thank you for asking. Absolutely marvellous.
Nobody was ill and most importantly not me. The weather was a doddle. The food fantastic and the company most agreeable.

 I was tasked with buying a turkey crown whilst visiting Whitstable (see last riveting blog)
I found this baby in the local Sainsbury's. It was reduced to half price! Very proud I texted a picture to Pam to show how clever I was.
The response was not encouraging. The label showed a best  before date of 23rd December so my trolley had to give up its booty. Well almost. I figured as it was only the 20th I'd grab the bargain anyway and treat myself to a solo early Christmas dinner and curry the rest. Before roasting I placed a couple of red onion halves alongside and discovered what I had bought was, in fact, more like something from a Jules Verne adventure

It was in fact quite a tough old bird and the currying improved it considerably so, not for the first time, Pam was right. She bought one in Waitrose. It was beautiful



Back to the boat and the mooring tree is lit up. A joy to behold though the porthole.

The tree on board adds to the tasteful effect
Christmas Eve and the Lamb Nomads meet for drinks at the Highwayman. (This is a group of former customers of the Lamb which still awaits refurbishment. They have sworn never to enjoy a drink till Heineken get their arse in gear-but they swear quite a lot to no effect)

























========================================================
Christmas Day and Pam, Natalie and I went to the Bull for a pre-turkey pint..Look what somebody's dog got for Christmas. Marvellous. Don't you just love dogs and their doting owners.





Merry Christmas with Pam and Natalie, Peter and Kay in Exeter, Ollie and Jessica in Bath and Mac and Carrie on Orkney





and Florence in Faversham

Cool Yule Picture Award goes to Jessica and Ollie

Cheers!
and "Should have put some talc on shiny bald head" award goes to,,,,
=====================================================
Boxing Day and Caz, Philip,Ollie, Joseph, Florence and Mathilda join for lunch and silliness.....and lots of presents

============================================
I hope you and yours had a good time and rock on 2019.
This blog was mainly published to get these pictures out amongst the participants to whom I say a very big thank you for such a lovely time. If you weren't there I hope you weren't too bored.

For boating friends here's a picture of our Christmas Gathering a few years back. Why not bring your boat next year....wherever it is



2 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all Mike! We wish you all that you could wish for yourselves in 2019. Happy New Year!

MikeW said...

Thanks Carol and all the very best to you and George. Keep Rockin through 2019.

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...