Tuesday 10 January 2017









I caught Roy sitting in front of a reindeer-he appears to have sprouted horns

Roy sets off on Panther for his Christmas at The Globe, Linslade



Happy Christmas Roy

sunrise at Cow Roast. Christmas Eve
Santa visits the neighbours
Ho ho ho
Christmas and it's very mild. Stormy oooop north apparently but Christmas Day finds me in shirtsleeves in the Lamb PH enjoying a traditional Christmas lemonade. The doors are open and the usual array of Christmas cardigans are hanging on hooks.

It is a tad different this year; the last ten or more Christmases have been spent in Berko except for last year which was in Kent but all have featured a houseful and involved an A level in sleeping logistics. Also traditionally the first row of Christmas has usually been caused by me repeating the mantra that the pub is only open 12 to 2 whilst others around me slummock about or open presents or prepare sprouts. This year I am despatched on my own to wassail and wassail I did. It was a good Christmas despite the dreaded headcold that others make so much of. Others might think it a miracle that I am able to write this now some two weeks after but they are not made of the Wall fibre that laughs at pain even when as dreadfully ill as I was. Ollie arrived for Boxing Day and together with Joseph we had a fine time. Caz, Philip and Florence arrived on 28th and the festivities continued.

A walk to Ashridge







Roy returned in company with nb Bream seen below heading south.






New Years Eve and we joined Mac and Carrie,Roy and Annie and Peter and Christine aboard the Griifin for a very fine dinner. 5 courses and appropriate liquid accompaniment with good company-what could be better!?



Trout. Yum yum


A cheeseboard of some quality and some eedjit appears to have dropped the crackers




So now we are in 2017 and rushing towards my 70th birthday. (Fri 13th Jan)
If I make it I'll tell you about it next time.

Happy New Year










No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...