Wednesday 27 January 2016

Soixante neuf



I had a very fine birthday thank you very much-especially thanks to the good folk who sent cards and supported me in the pursuit of culinary pleasure making it all special.

Where to begin.
The Blessed Pam treated me to a Grand Day out on my actual birthday-off to Windsor where we were booked in at the Royal Adelaide Hotel-very nice, dinner overlooking the Thames by the bridge between Eton and Windsor and a play at the the Theatre Royal. All excellent. Such a lovely time-what a lucky man I am.
The play was a new murder mystery which was very well acted and kept you guessing till the end.

The Queen's in residence


Kir Royalty
The following day after a healthy breakfast (only half a black pudding) we went for a stroll albeit inhibited by a silly gouty toe,




This is known as the Long Walk which sounds like something Mao led but I don't thing he ever came to Windsor
but it is a very long walk....

Three miles in all-so I'm told



I'm afraid a gouty toe precludes me from signing on though I have been in" Sheet Street "often enough
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 17th saw a gathering of chums at the Greyhound Wigginton for a birthday lunch. 

It snowed.
Plenty of coal and logs-bring it on

spooky snowman












Before we dined Sue made a surprise presentation (well it was a surprise to me!) of a golden gnome and said some very nice things about me which was very kind though I aint really that worthy. Great fun.
The food and service were outstanding and with the addition of a defibrillator on the pub wall the Greyhound is the ideal spot for a boaters' gathering which I believe is the plan for next Christmas.
















A very happy birthday. Cheers everybody.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
After the feasting some gentle exercise. Not straight away of course but on Tuesday a trip to Cliveden for one of the many walks through the grounds....with time for lunch half way. A glorious, sunny day.

Pretty as a picture
It's a frame up
Ham roll anybody?
Snowdrops in abundance!
To the woods!
Pam makes a trunk call



Out of the woods













             
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Stop messing about Moses

No comments:

I know it's been a while and soooo many of you have asked when will I write another blog. My answer to both of them is here it is. My la...